Thursday, May 27, 2010

still here....

Okay, I don't even know how to BEGIN to explain my super-long absence from this blog. Or maybe I do. There was writing, and a toddler to chase around. Holidays and then more writing and more chasing. And then LOTS more writing. Oh, and one beach trip, followed by more writing. But finally, better late than never at all, here I am.

The big news is that because of all that writing, I'll have a new book out next year. It will be released in May 2011, and the title is a BIT in flux, but when I know it, I'll post it here. Why so far away? Well, there's editing, and after two books in two years, I wanted to take a break from promotion and book tour stuff to just try and chill out a little bit. (Chilling out with a two and a half year old, though, is a bit different than it was post-parenthood. Wouldn't have it any other way, though.)

In the meantime, I judged the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest (which was SO fun) and shot a new video for Along for the Ride and summer reading (which I'll post when it's fully done). Along for the Ride will be in stores all summer, in a new edition with bonus material, including a map of Colby, my personal summer playlist, and an essay I wrote about why I love the summer so much and what it means to me.

What else? Well, it's summer, so I'm rocking my flip flops, making deviled eggs, and getting to the beach as much as I possibly can. Stacking books to read and trying to perfect my potato salad. If you want more details about what's going on, check out my main blog, or follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/sarahdessen, both of which I promise I update more often than this page.

I hope you all have a great summer!

Sarah